Thursday, September 4, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Well ladies and gentlemen, this is the last post being written while in Africa. I will post some more pictures next week, once I have fast internet again.

Here is the plan for tonight: eat dinner, get to the airport ridiculously early (O’Hare has trained me well), get on a plane, and go to sleep. I will be getting into Chicago tomorrow (Friday) at 1:00 pm.

As everyone warned me before I came here, I have mixed feelings about coming home. I will miss my new friends, the weather, and UNAD. But I am ready to be home where I do not break the cultural norms on a regular basis. I never thought I would say this…but I miss the CTA (Chicago Transit Authority). I appreciate the fact that in Chicago, I can look at a map and know where to catch the El. And I am ready to be back with my friends and family. I now appreciate all the more the crucial role that you all play in me life. I’ve been amazed at the outpouring of love and support that has come my way over the past 2 months. I couldn’t have done it without you.

I did not learn a ton of USL and I’m sure I will forget some as I return to ASL, but I will never forget the signs I learned and used everyday to explain who I am and why I’m in Uganda, especially the word “research.”



Love, Sarah

1 comment:

Nicole Baran said...

OMG! You are back! It was amazing reading about all your experiences, but I REALLY want to hear about them in person... When are you planning on coming to good ol' HP???? Miss you!